The Best War Ever

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oh the lovely sounds of gunshots

I'm pissed. Let me explain why. I live in Dallas (well more specifically Addison, Texas.) What I consider an affluent suburb of Dallas. The corner of Addison that I live in is close to the border of Dallas (and in fact if you look at the zoning for my little corner of the world, you'll see that even though I live in Addison, I have a Dallas address and when I vote, I vote in Dallas NOT Addison.) So I live in what was once a nice apartment complex but it has recently (about 4 months ago) undergone an property management change. If you've ever lived in an apartment complex, you know that that phrase can often spell doom. I had heard horror stories about how the complex was going down hill for months before the management ever changed hands, about how people would complain to the then management about "questionable" tenants and nothing would get done. I know for a fact that the apartment beneath me until recently was living quarters to not just 1 but THREE illegal immigrants and a mysterious white male who was selling drugs. Now before you call this the ramblings of a paranoid white surburbanite, let me explain something to shed some light on how I know he was dealing drugs without ever seeing it transpire. Many years ago (when I was making just under 20K a year) I lived across the street from a known crack house (the police informed me of this after I was robbed at gunpoint and advised by the same police that my safest bet would be to MOVE.) I am not shy or ignorant about drugs and the culture around it. Most of the adults in my life at one point or another has had SOMEONE in our group who was a user. So I know how people can not say a lot but tell you everything because of their behaviour. With that out of the way, let me go back to explain about my immigrant neighbors. There was always traffic pulled up outside the apartment at pretty much any hour of the day and night, and it was never the same car or vehicle twice. Anyway, I digress. Since this new management has taken over, there has been 3 seperate instances where I have heard gunshots at night. The second of these was loud enough to wake me up from a sound sleep at 2:15 in the morning. I have complained to my complex management and was told crime was "something that happened." This really doesnt fill me with any kind of sense of security. If you've ever been robbed or been told that someone came to your house to kill you (see above story about getting robbed at gunpoint) then you hear gunshots and get a bit freaked out. I have a feeling that when I report last night to the management today (which I will be doing) that I will be told the same thing. Anyone know of anyone hiring in Austin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters

Powered by Blogger

Get Thunderbird!

Web browser

Blogwise - blog directory

Blog-Watch - The Blog Directory

Blogarama - The Blog Directory\

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Subscribe in Bloglines

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!