The Best War Ever

Monday, April 10, 2006

Perspective

Yesterday, here in Dallas, I'm sure many of you have seen the pictures of hundreds of thousands marched to protest the upcoming Immigration Laws. Estimates this morning, I heard, was 500,000 people. I heard on NPR speeches referrencing 9/11 and sacrifices given for this country and the odd thing is where were these 500,000 people when me and a few hundred other people were protesting the upcoming War in Iraq some 4 years ago? I know that I shouldnt be angry about it but how many people die per year in Texas from trying to cross the border illegally? I understand that this bill makes being an illegal immigrant a criminal offense and thats wrong, BUT to me, how can you pick and choose this battle and NOT pick up on the fact that this war is an unjust one. That the government lied to the citizenry but NOW we think that they're going to take care of the needs of immigrants? I'm sorry, maybe I'm a bit flawed in my logic, but if they'll lie about why its ok for our sons, daugthers, mothers, fathers, husbands and wives, are allowed to be sent to die, why do we think that they'll suddenly start taking care of people who some say dont have a right to be here anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters

Powered by Blogger

Get Thunderbird!

Web browser

Blogwise - blog directory

Blog-Watch - The Blog Directory

Blogarama - The Blog Directory\

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Subscribe in Bloglines

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!