The Best War Ever

Monday, April 17, 2006

Honey We're Killing Our Kids

Ok, so I sat down last night to watch some TV (as I do sometimes with dinner) and was given THIS stinking pile of crap to infest my brain. Has anyone else seen this train wreck of a show yet? The premise is simple, this "doctor" comes on to tell the parents that basically, your kids are spoiled and fat. Then they show the parents with computer imaging how their kids will look some years into the future. So the show last night, had a family of 5. All 3 of the kids were boys. They went through the house and removed all of the "junk food" they had in the house and then put them on a diet of tofu and rice. Then they sent the two older boys to an etiquette class and gave the family an "acceptable behaviour" manual. As I sat watching this and just feeling my brain shrivelling up and trying to exit my skull, I was reminded of my youth. Now if anyone who reads this site ever watches Carlos Mencia, he often talks about being beat by his mother for things that he was about to do not even things that he had done yet. My take on it is this, if your kids are cursing at you, wont eat or whatever, then its your job as a parent to remind your kids that YOU are the parent and THEY are the child. George Carlin has called it the "pussification" of America. Now, before you get all upset thinking that I condone beating your kids, let me clarify. As a child, my parents NEVER hit me as a punishment, but I KNEW that if I was an idiot and yelled obscenities at my mom or dad that there was a THREAT of being beaten until I was stupid. The kids that TV shows with shows like Super Nanny (or whatever its called) and this new pile of poop, show kids who dont need TIME OUT but need a good smack to the back of the head and a reminder of where they are in the family "food chain." But I digress, what I really wanted to write about is who green lights these shows? Heres a list of shows I wouldnt mind seeing.

1. Honey, I've Killed a TV Executive - Premise: 3 Couples are given $5000 and 3 days. A GPS tracking device and the last known location of 3 men, the executive who greenlighted American Idol, Anna Nicoles Show and ANYONE from Fox.
2. Assault and Battery Park - Premise: 10 Inmates are given a chance for freedom. They are let loose in New Yorks Battery Park (which has been fenced in with various forms of high tech equipment) and the last one to escape is given a death penalty. His execution is publicised, there is an admission price of $5 per person and is shown live on Network TV.
3. Bootcamp for Bastards - This show would have to be on the BBC or FOX. Premise: 5,1st Time molesters are put in prison for one week. Every inmate knows what crime they committed. The molesters are part of the general population. Let the fun begin.

Thats just some of the ideas I have. Any executives listening? I'm sure there is an idea in there somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters

Powered by Blogger

Get Thunderbird!

Web browser

Blogwise - blog directory

Blog-Watch - The Blog Directory

Blogarama - The Blog Directory\

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Subscribe in Bloglines

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!